So … the glove was thrown down. I was asked to play with the boys. Doug tagged me to play a music game that guys usually only play with other guys. They don’t do this to be exclusive. It starts when they are early teens and it’s difficult to talk to girls. So they talk to each other and create their own language around music. Girls never quite get included in this club. They also never quite develop the love affair in quite the same way that guys do. But most of us do love music, so I was glad to get this tag and share my shuffle with y’all.
Here are the rules. Just write down the first 10 songs that your iPod plays when it’s on shuffle. No sweat. So. Here are my first 10:
1. “O, The Deaths We Would Have Known If You Had Not Been With Us” by Seth Woods on Songs from the Voice, vol 1 – Please Don’t Make Us Sing That Song
2. “Truganini” by Midnight Oil on 20,000 Watt R.S.L.
3. “(Nothing But) Flowers” by Talking Heads on Naked
4. “Praise Him” by Burning Spear on Jah Kingdom
5. “Yahweh” by U2 on How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
6. “The Pink Panther Theme (Dance Club Mix)” by Dream Chaser on The Pink Panther Theme Remixed
7. “Psalm 114: B’tseth Israel (When Israel Went Forth from Egypt)” by San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble on Ancient Echoes: Music from the time of Jesus and Jerusalem’s Second Temple
8. “It Is Well With My Soul” by Audio Adrenaline on Underdog
9. “Quiche Lorraine” by B-52s on Wild Planet
10. “Somewhere I Belong” by Linkin Park on Meteora
This was a welcome respite from the other processing I’ve been doing of late. So I’m grateful to Doug. Now, to spread the love … I’m going to tag Mak, Julie, Erin, Scott, and Paul(ie).