So ordinarily I’m a both/and kinda gal. I like combining things. Putting things and people together. I like including people. Pulling it all together … drawing the circle bigger as it were. But I have discovered as I’ve travelled this life that there are a few things that do not (I repeat … NOT) belong together. So … in honor of my Brickfriend … I present my List for List Tuesday …
These Things Do NOT Go Together:
1. Jazz and Celtic music.
2. Blueberries and Salmon.
3. Country and any other music … okay … country shouldn’t be considered a music form but that’s a post unto itself. It’s the only form of music I won’t listen to … EVER. Which tells you something.
4. Plaid and polka dots
5. Raisin bran and orange juice (and yes, I’ve seen someone actually eat this).
6. Blueberries and Lobster (hmm … I’m sensing a theme here).
7. Catsup (ketchup) and any Indian food.
8. Finally, because it is only exceptions that make a rule … here are two things that don’t belong together but somehow are and they work: A health/organic/vegetarian food store combined with a hardware store … yes, Virginia there is one up here in Machias, Maine. And somehow it works. Right next to the nine penny nails is a whole selection of Annie’s macaroni and cheese, a great selection of Indian food mixes, teas, a wall of spices and herbs and best of all, “Freedom Beans.”
Copy link for RSS feed for comments on this post
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.